Date: Saturdays: October 9 & 23, November 6 & 20, and December 4, 2021
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Course #: LR 288:721
Credit Hours: 1
Instructors: Pam Schmidt & Scott Slechta
Registration Deadline: October 23rd @ 5:00 p.m.
Jump Start: Exploring National Board Certification is a 1-credit hour course designed to:
- Focus on the Body of Knowledge and strategies needed to be an accomplished teacher;
- Provide teachers and counselors considering National Board Certification with important information about the certification process;
- Time to examine component and Assessment Center requirements;
- The opportunity to plan how to meet requirements;
- Time to collaborate and reflect on professional practice; and
- Gather resources and information needed to pursue certification.
All in a supportive, constructive, and collegial environment! Teachers who attain National Board Certification will be eligible to earn $2500 annually for up to 10 years, as well as state subsidized funding for the registration fees.
This class is available for License Renewal credit or Audit.
PLEASE NOTE: Some browsers won’t work. Supported browsers are:
**Important Registration Information for You**
Please read through as these are Frequently Asked Questions in which answers can be found within this page.
- The Tabs at the top of registration page have important additional information regarding this class:
- The Syllabus gives information of what will be expected of you in the course. Generally, it will include course policies, rules and regulations, required texts, and a schedule of assignments;
- The Fees will let you know how much this class will cost depending on the type of credit you want to take it for as well as if you are an ISEA member or not;
- The Cancellation Policy is important so you know how to cancel if you need to and how refunds are handled; and
- The ISEA Official Transcript page tells you how to access your transcript once the class has ended.