1 Iowa License Renewal Credit ($25) or
1 Drake University Graduate credit ($90)
Iowa State Education Association (ISEA)
for all-day participation at the:
2021 ISTS Fall Conference
Engaging in Equitable Science
Monday, October 4, 2021
FFA Enrichment Center, DMACC – Ankeny Campus
1055 SW Prairie Parkway, Ankeny, Iowa
Dr. Barbara Billington
Science Education Lecturer
University of Minnesota – Twin Cities
Conference information is found here:
Iowa Science Teaching Section-Iowa Academy of Science (scienceiniowa.org)
Instructor/Contact Information: Jesse Wilcox, Ph.D., email@example.com 515-450-2759
The purpose of this course is to take your learning from the Iowa Science Teaching Section Conference directly into your classroom setting. An emphasis of the assignments will be to make your science classroom more equitable.
Required Text: None. Readings for the reading assignment can be found below.
Objectives/Standards for the Class:
- Engage in professional development activities at the Iowa Science Teaching Section Conference;
- Engage in reflective practice focused on improvement;
- Apply learning from the ISTS conference/course materials to improving science teaching;
- Demonstrate an accurate understanding of equity in PK-12 science; and
- Express best practices in engaging students with real-world experiences (e.g., community, inquiry).
Additional information found in the Syllabus.
PLEASE NOTE: Some browsers won’t work. Supported browsers are:
**Important Information for You**
Please read through as these are Frequently Asked Questions in which answers can be found within this page.
- The Tabs at the top of the Class Description page within registration (the first page of registration) have important additional information regarding this class:
- The Syllabus gives information of what will be expected of you in the course. Generally it will include course policies, rules and regulations, required texts, and a schedule of assignments;
- The Fees will let you know how much this class will cost depending on the type of credit you want to take it for as well as if you are an ISEA Member or not;
- The Cancellation Policy is important so you know how to cancel if you need to and how refunds are handled; and
- The ISEA Official Transcript page tells you how to access your transcript once the class has ended.